Sunday, July 11, 2010

Welcome to My Personal Experiment with Affirmations

So… why write about affirmations? I am glad you asked! I am taking a class about Marketing Via New Media which includes the wonderful world of social media. During our last class I was given an assignment. Great! I love assignments, I am good at them, go ahead, bring it! The assignment: create a blog about anything. A blog? Panic sets in…what on earth am I going to write about? Let’s be honest, the only blog I have ever followed was “The Bachelor Recaps” (Ihategreenbeans.com). I love that blog and think Lincee is hilarious, but it’s hardly an education on blogging. I have been wracking my brain wondering what I could possibly write about. “I have nothing to write about… I’m boring… nobody will want to read about ME”! But then it hit me and I had an Aha Moment right in the midst of the aforementioned negative thoughts… I could write about being more positive and the practice of affirmations. Negative thoughts run through our minds on a daily basis and my mind is no exception. I have been a fan of Louise Hay, "The Mother of Affirmations", for about a year or two. I have read her amazing book, "You Can Heal Your Life" and have seen the movie of the same title. I am intrigued with the philosophy of affirmations, but I have never personally done more than read and hear about them. Practicing affirmations has been on the “To Do list” for some time now. Honestly, I have been meaning to get around to it, like a diet or exercise, but, um, I have been busy. So when faced with the challenge of creating a blog I thought this might make for an interesting experiment. I will set out to write about my foray into the world of positive affirmations and see if it does indeed make a positive impact on my life. Like all good diets and plans, I will start this on a Monday, which happens to be tomorrow. That’s right folks, one more night of bingeing on negative self-talk.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the idea there would be some apprehensions from segment but i am up for it.increase youtube views

    ReplyDelete